The Canada Work Permit provides you an opportunity to live and work in Canada for up to four years. You can also convert it to permanent residency with certain conditions. However, to get the work permit for Canada, you must obtain the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) approved employment offer from a Canadian employer. You also need to meet the basic criteria to be able to apply for work permit in Canada.
Want to know whether you qualify for Canadian work permit or not? Click the button below to confirm your eligibility for Work Permit in Canada.
Every Canadian Employer needs to obtain a positive LMIA to hire the employees from overseas countries. The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is issued by HRSDC (Human Resources and Skills Development Canada) to ensure that no Canadian worker or employee is overlooked to hire a skilled worker from an overseas country. The LMIA requirement is introduced to protect the interests of the employees and labours in Canada.
What are the key requirements to apply for Work permit in Canada?
Here are the key requirements to apply for work permit in Canada:
- Get the employment offer from an approved employer in Canada.
- The job offer must be LMIA approved
- Convince the immigration officer that you will leave the country once your employment ends.
- Need to prove that you are financially capable to support yourself and your family if they are staying along with you and would not be requiring any financial support by the government of Canada.
- Abide by all Canadian laws and do not have any criminal record or offences.
- Don’t have critical medical conditions.
What are the key benefits of Work Permit in Canada?
The key benefits of Canadian Work Permit are as follows:
- The Canadian Work Permit allows you to stay and work in Canada for up to 4 years
- The Canadian Work Permit allows you to call your family to stay with you and your family members can also study and work in Canada.
- After spending sufficient time on Canadian Work permit, you can apply or permanent residency.
How to Convert Canadian Work Permit into Permanent Residency?
After spending sufficient in Canada on work permit, you can convert it into the permanent residency with certain conditions. The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is the pathway to get your work permit converted in to PR. It’s the part of federal economic immigration program of IRC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada).
The CEC has been designed for the Individuals, who have already got Canadian working experience. Here are the key requirements of CEC.
What are the key requirements of CEC?
To apply in CEC you must:
- have at least 12 months of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
- have obtained such Canadian experience with the appropriate authorization,
- meet the language proficiency requirements needed for your job
- Be planning to live outside the Quebec province.
What is the processing fee of Work Permit?
The Work Permit processing fee includes various charges. The fee includes temporary resident visa (if required) is CAD$ 150.
What is the Processing time of Canadian Work Permit?
The Work permit processing time depends on the factors, i.e. your nationality, submitted application, medical exam, verification process, etc. However, it may vary anywhere between 2 to 7 months.
How World overseas can assist you to apply for Canadian Work Permit?
World overseas is a registered Visa Consultancy Service with year of experience in Canada Immigration. The certified visa and immigration expert help the Canadian work permit aspirants in the immigration process from start till end.